[OM] Importing used OM gear into the UK.

Subject: [OM] Importing used OM gear into the UK.
From: DBellamy2k@xxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2001 03:13:35 EDT
Dear List Members,

I need some advice concerning the costs of importing used OM cameras, lenses
and accessories into the UK.

If anyone has experience of doing this, can you tell me:

1. Does Value Added Tax (VAT) have to be paid, always, sometimes, never?
2. What is the typical level of import duty?
3. When do these have to be paid (on receipt)?
4. Does the sender have to make the valuation for import duty purposes?

Any advice would be most appreciated, on or off list to <dbellamy2k@xxxxxxx>.

Thanks.

Dave Bellamy.
http://members.aol.com/synthchap/