[OM] Tamron zoom, anybody got one?

Subject: [OM] Tamron zoom, anybody got one?
From: Chris Charlton <c_charlton@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2001 18:36:33 +0100 (BST)
Hi Folks,

I just was given a Tamron 28-80 F3.5-4.2 zoom lens
(without adaptall, so I haven't tried it out on my
OM's yet). Does anyone have one of these lenses?  It
seems to be in mint condition (the glass is perfectly
clear, and it has no knocks or outside damage).

However when in the 28mm position it will only focus
down to about 2.7ft (0.9metres), when in 30-80mm it
goes down to 1ft (0.36 metres) macro, is this normal?
Also the aperture doesn't seem to click to the 3.5
marking on the dot (ie it doesn't line up) is this
normal? The aperture seems to be fully open on 80mm,
and then when zoomed to 28mm slightly closes by
itself.

Are these things normal for one of these lenses? I
don't want to buy an adaptall for it if it has
problems etc, however I would like to try it, it seems
to be a really nice lens overall.

Cheers

Chris