Re: [OM] Zuiko 35-80, worth it?

Subject: Re: [OM] Zuiko 35-80, worth it?
From: M Jennings <mrjlmj@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2001 19:34:00 -0400
Richard,

I've had one for about five years.  It is easily the sharpest zoom I have ever
used, which includes other Zuikos, Tamrons, and Vivitars.  I have enlargements
up to 20x24 that are as good as any you'll see.  As others have said, it is
heavy, but you get used to that quickly and don't notice it anymore once it
becomes your"prime" lens.  There is some barrel distortion around 35mm, but
thats typical of zooms in this focal length.  Pop. Photo. (Aug. 95) called it
"one of the best short zooms we have ever tested".  I would never trade mine.

Mark Jennings