[OM] Cibachromes...Cost?

Subject: [OM] Cibachromes...Cost?
From: nrky@xxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2001 21:44:56 -0500
Hi All,

I know this is somewhat off-topic, but how much are "A" size
cibachromes costing you guys?  I've got more than a few
trannies that people at my work-place say should be framed
(my mistake, we have a light-table and I was going through some
recent shots during lunch and it attracted attention, and of course
blew up my ego as well)

The local shop here sends out to Allied<sp? and charges 31USD
which seems a little high to me, but I realize there aren't too many
places to choose from anymore and was wondering if anybody on
the list knew anybody who does it cheaper, or if that IS the going
rate...maybe I should buy (if I could afford one--not!) a dedicated neg
scanner and live with the degradation of the slides going to paper
via X's and O's (1's and 0's, yeas and nays etc. ad nauseum).

Any info/help would be most appreciated!

Obligatory OM content: All of my trannies are done with an OM-1MD,
(some done with an -10 that still hasn?t exibited any signs of the
dreaded
OlyMagnet disease, but needs new foam for the goo parading as foam
on the back cover > ; )
the -4 is for B/W; all bodies coupled with the usual "cheap" Zuiko
suspects  > ; )

BTW, the 50/3.5 macro is not too shoddy a lens to use for
landscapes...Ansel
Adams sharp, just have to put the tripod in the right place > ; )

Bill  >; P
"Life unfolds on a great sheet called Time (film)*,
and once finished (developed)* is gone(here)* forever..."
*provided ya have a good archival system in place.