Re: [OM] 2X-A and Zuiko surgery

Subject: Re: [OM] 2X-A and Zuiko surgery
From: "Hans van Veluwen" <hcvanveluwen@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2001 19:28:22 +0200
: There are two protuberances (I like that word) that no
(..)
: there and on none of the other Zuikos?  It's a mystery to me, and I'm
: de-horning the thing this weekend unless somebody can tell me why I
: shouldn't.

They are called Protective Tabs (see
http://www.taiga.ca/~esif/om-sif/lensgroup/lensterms.htm for Zuiko lens
terminology) and the main reason why you should not remove or modify them, is
that
it will seriously degrade the value of your lens should you ever wish to part
with
it.

Better look for a third party converter that does not have any problem with the
65-200, or (even better) look for a longer zoom lens like a 100-300, 60-300 or
50-250. After all an F8 zoom really isn't that usefull.

Why not add the 180/2.8 and the 2XA to your kit? The 2xA btw is also compatible
(matched) with the Zuiko 50-250/5.

hnz