Re: [OM] Tom and the Hood

Subject: Re: [OM] Tom and the Hood
From: Walt Wayman <HIWAYMAN@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2001 11:11:50 -0400
Tom wrote:
>There is a 35-105 hood.  No question. Have one for both of them I own.

>I'm not at home (sitting in the hospital), so I can't compare them.  I
>remember it is a rubber hood.

The word "rubber" jogged my sometimes foggy memory, and I went digging
through a box in the basement full of photographic odds and ends I don't
use but can't throw away, and therein I found the 35-105 lens hood.  It's
even molded into the rubber "35-105mm F3.5-4.5".  I never have much liked
the slip-on hoods anyway, and now I recall that long ago I lost the set
screw out of the thing and just said the hell with it and threw it in the
never-never box and started using the 35/2 hood.  Maybe I?ll take it to the
hardware store and see if I can find a screw that fits it and try using it
again.  No piece of OM gear should go unloved and unused.

Walt