Re: [OM] Virus

Subject: Re: [OM] Virus
From: Garth Wood <garth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2001 12:09:54 -0600
At 01:18 PM 7/21/2001 -0400, you wrote:
>I seem to have a virus which attaches itself to every name in my address book.
> DON'T OPEN ATTACHMENTS FROM ME!  I probably haven't caught it in time, but I
>hope so.  I do know what the virus is if I've infected any of you.
>John Pendley

Yeah, there's a new one going around, first seen "in the wild" about five days
ago (July 17th!).  It's called "W32/SirCam@MM" -- it's a mass-mailer virus.  It
comes as an attachment to an e-mail message, and is harmless IF YOU DON'T RUN
IT.  Just delete it, and then empty your Recycle Bin (if you're using Windows).
 It's Windows-specific.  I've already received a couple of these from people I
don't know.  Unfortunately, they're probably unaware that they sent it to me --
so I contacted them and let them know.

For more info on the "W32/SirCam@MM" see the following URL:

   http://vil.mcafee.com/dispVirus.asp?virus_k=99141&;

Keep your 'puter clean, folks.