Re: [OM] Virus

Subject: Re: [OM] Virus
From: "Hans van Veluwen" <hcvanveluwen@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2001 20:46:43 +0200
: Yeah, there's a new one going around, first seen "in the wild" about five days
ago
(..)
: http://vil.mcafee.com/dispVirus.asp?virus_k=99141

I received one of these too, sent to me by a person I don't know (Bert Gauthier
- a
list member?).
Its subject was 'BLCUST' (???);

its contents was:

"Hi! How are you?

I send you this file in order to have your advice

See you later. Thanks"

and it came with an Excel (.xls) attachment.
In other words, it had the word 'virus' printed all over it.
I warned this person and deleted it.
Can't understand that there are so many people that open such vague attachments
in
emails with such obscure titles.

hnz