Re: [OM] trip to PacNW

Subject: Re: [OM] trip to PacNW
From: NSURIT@xxxxxxx
Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2001 17:46:22 EDT
Yep, headed to Seattle (for the first time) on Wednesday, taking the ferry
over to Victoria for an all day excursion on Thursday, Friday or Saturday
will be spent in and around downtown/Belltown area.  One of those days would
like to see rain forest. Any ideas of a few hour trip to get us into the rain
forest?  We will be leaving on cruise Sunday mid-afternoon.  We may try to
visit the Unity Church in Olympia on Sunday morning.  Olympus content.  Have
decided for sure on the following Zuikos.
18mm, 28-48mm & 50mm macro.  Will also probably take Tamron 60-300.  If I
threw in a 2X that would probably be a nice sensible kit, but then who said
anything about me or any other Zuikohead being sensible.  From the standpoint
of a long lens the other choices availble to me are a 400mm f6.3 Zuiko, a 500
mm f8 Tamron SP with 2x,  Tamron 70-350 f4.5 which is a geat lens and it is
also a great big lens compared to the Tamron 60-300. I'm leaning toward the
500mm.  I will probably take a mid-range Zuiko zoom or maybe two.  Those
choices are the 35-70, 35-105 & the 65-200.  There are also a couple of other
primes that I really like (have any of us ever met a Zuiko we didn't like)
but the 24mm, 28mm, 35mm, 100mm, 135 & 200mm probably won't make the
traveling squad.  If I felt like I was going to have a need for speed, would
probably take the 35mm f 2.  This is the land of the midnight sun isn't it?
Will be taking a variety of slide and print film ranging from 100 to 800
speed.  You mention length.  Any suggestions?  Bill Barber