Re: [OM] trip to PacNW

Subject: Re: [OM] trip to PacNW
From: Mike <watershed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2001 18:29:57 -0700
> Any ideas of a few hour trip to get us into the rain
> forest?

Any trip to the mountains from Seattle will require a day but then it
would be worth it. The Olympic Penn. isn't feasible but that's not the
only rain forest. If you have a car then i would recommend the North
Cascade highway (state hwy 20). Another option is the Seattle City light
tour up to Ross Lake by bus. Or of course Mt Rainier and Chinook pass.
If you have a car in Victoria then about 2hrs northwest is Cathedral
Grove, a magnificent example of what the forests around here used to
look like. There may even be bus tours but I'm not sure. Enjoy the
visit. The weather is clearing and should be perfect by Wed. What time
does the boat leave? I'll get a shot as the boat goes by (see boat.jpg).

Mike

--
To reply, return email address should end in .net _not_ .com