Re: [OM] FS: Execup1 and pancake 2/40mm lens

Subject: Re: [OM] FS: Execup1 and pancake 2/40mm lens
From: rudy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Ruediger Betzold)
Date: Sun, 22 Jul 2001 07:10:38 +0200 (MET DST)
Hi all,

[ my previous mail about pancake 2.0/40 deleted ]

a little behind my timetable for more information but here it goes:

here is the description for the 2.0/40mm pancake I'm
going to sell. (Yeah I'm sure since two of them are currently to much
and I want to spend some money in other Oly equipement)
As I mentioned I'm often confused what Mint or EX++ really mean
I will describe the lens as good as I can. If you have any questions
feel free to ask.

I think it is a really nice one, the only _very_ minor paint missing is
inside the filter screw section and I do only see it if I hold the lens in
direct light. Looks like a short part of a hair, obviously
from filter usage. All other paint looks new. No scratches or marks on
front/rear lens. Apperature goes smooth, focus ring is smooth too. Rubber on
focus ring is nice too. No oil on the apperatures/blades.
Serial Number of the lens is in the 105xxx range.
If I stare through the lens into direct bright light I think
I see two very little dust points inside the lens, maybe it's only
my critical point of view and all is in my mind, but I think
I should have mentioned it.

Manual paper in four languages (one sheet).
Nice looking BOX for the lens with corresponding serial number
for the lens. The box has the original plastic bag in which the lens was
packed but the polystyrene part is missing (I assume there was one once ?!)
The lens had only the rear cap when I bought it but I will provide the
front cap to for safer shipping so no misfortune can happen with the
front lens !

If you give me two or three days I might be able to get a lens hood for it
I saw one some weeks ago but didn't bought it from the shop
(small box with little Oly parts in it and I think I'm the only one
who is asking for a fast look into the box since months)

No the hard part for me. I tried to find a nice price for
the lens and I'm asking $ 383 for it. If you feel it's not what
you are willing to spend _please_ make me an offer. I will likely
go down with price to avoid that auction side. If you think it's ok
and you have a fine buy I'm ok with this too.

I'm open for trades if you have something I'm looking for.

Rudy
  Berlin/Germany