Re: [OM] Special model OM-4 with a removeable prism!

Subject: Re: [OM] Special model OM-4 with a removeable prism!
From: "O.C" <oben@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 22 Jul 2001 23:01:09 +1000
At 11:13 PM Saturday 21/07/2001 +0000, you wrote:
At 02:40 7/22/01, you wrote:
The OM-4 has dropped in price, but not that far.  My experience has the
price in the right order:  OM-1 -> OM-2 -> OM-4

Tom

My experience: the OM-2S falls just above a chrome OM-2n in pricing with an equal condition OM-4 significantly more. The black OM-2n's without brassing have too many collectors (??) looking for them that are willing to pay a high premium for a black body one in EX+/LN- condition. Pricing on them is very, very cosmetic condition dependent.

-- John

The first OM body I purchased in my new Zuiko enthusiasm was a mint black OM-2 which was quickly joined by a cheaper mint chrome OM-2n. After using the OM-2n I realised that it was the camera I wanted to be my main body; but I wanted one in black like the OM-2. I sold the chrome OM-2n hoping I'd quickly find a black OM-2n to replace it. That's when I discovered the pricing anomaly regarding black OM-2n's.

Last week there must have been a convergence of lucky forces and I tracked down and ordered a pristine black example with genuine leather case and original Olympus two piece strap. I asked and the vendor exchanged the 50 f1.4 on the body for a 35 f2 with case that he also had (the list in the last week and especially you John had pointed out the benefits of this particular lens) and the total cost came out to $250 US which I thought was a reasonable price for this combo.

It pays to be patient.