Re: [OM] Using a Pro Lab for Developing

Subject: Re: [OM] Using a Pro Lab for Developing
From: DAVDOU9211@xxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 22 Jul 2001 23:49:14 EDT
In a message dated 7/22/01 8:17:17 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
jlind@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> (a metered "E" or "F" of which, with 220 capability I wish I could

I have a Rolleiflex 2.8E.  It is definitely easier to use than the Mamyaflex
C33 I used years ago in college.  Still it slows me down and requires a
different approach to photography than the OMs.  I don't have a prism
viewfinder for it as it does not have a removable top as do the 2.8E2 and
2.8F.  I have the film (usually Portra 160) processed at a local pro lab and
I am fortunate that it is only a few miles away.  The results are gorgeous.
I have started to have the 35MM Portra processed there also.

One thing I have hit on is actually obvious when you stop to think about it.
I have started to use Portra 160NC in both the OMs and the Rollei.  In
general the exposure thought process is the same and I am learning the limits
of the film.  For me it frees up the more creative side of me as the
technical side vis a vis exposure is just about the same in either format.

Just my two cents worth.

Dave Dougherty