Re: [OM] Extension tube prices

Subject: Re: [OM] Extension tube prices
From: "John A. Lind" <jlind@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 22 Jul 2001 23:42:05 +0000
At 03:30 7/23/01, Paul Wallich wrote:
Seem to be ridiculous when you can find them (at least out here
in the boonies when you can't go into a store and haggle). KEH
wants $50-60 a pop. Is there any reason (for the long length at
least) that I shouldn't just snap up an off-brand teleconverter
at $12-15 and gut the sucker?

(I know this is going to sound stupid, but I have a small pond
full of tadpoles, and can't resist the challenge)

paul

Paul,
One of our long-time list members, Ken Norton (who now lurks in the dark shadows of the list ??), did exactly what you are asking about. The adventures of two of his teleconverters, one of which was converted to an extension tube, are the subject of legendary sagas posted to the list about Toky and Vert ("As the Focus Ring Turns"). They were posted several years ago (search the archives in 1998 and 1999 for Toky, Vert, and Focus Ring Turns).

-- John