Re: [OM] stuck filter on 49-72 step up ring

Subject: Re: [OM] stuck filter on 49-72 step up ring
From: HI100@xxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2001 00:52:34 EDT
In a message dated 7/22/01 8:55:38 PM Pacific Daylight Time, NSURIT@xxxxxxx
writes:

<< What I need to grip is the back  part of the filter and I'm having a heck
of a time trying to get it to move >>

Upscale camera stores sell filter clamps made of plastic that allow you to
apply a fair bit of torque to fairly narrow filter rings. You need to buy one
approximately the right size for the particular  filter.  Also you can buy
"strap wrenches" that might be narrow enough but they are a lot more pricey.
I have one from Fargo enterprises:
http://www.fargo-ent.com/

                  Regards,
                 Tim Hughes