[OM] A weary traveller returns

Subject: [OM] A weary traveller returns
From: Roger Wesson <roger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2001 12:41:16 +0100
Hello everyone,

Just thought I'd tell you that I'm back safe and well from my travels in
Zambia and Malawi, despite a very hairy moment up a mountain and the
attentions of an over-enthusiastic elephant.  Took 30 rolls of film, and
I will get the first few back this afternoon.  Cameras and lenses
survived the dust, heat and insanely bumpy bus journeys very well
indeed, but sadly my spare camera went missing somewhere near the
Tanzanian border, and very very sadly it still contained almost a whole
roll of eclipse photos.  But luckily I took lots with the other camera
as well so all was not lost.  As I get the photos back I'll stick them
on a web site somewhere.

So now I'm back in London and my word it's culture shock.  Cold weather,
drizzle, an almost overwhelming variety of food, and buses which are not
filled to twice their maximum capcity - it's all very boring really.  I
suspect that the only way to alleviate these post-travel blues is to buy
some camera gear - a super-wide angle lens is something I can't do
without for much longer!

Roger