Re: [OM] stuck filter on 49-72 step up ring

Subject: Re: [OM] stuck filter on 49-72 step up ring
From: frankrad4@xxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2001 13:51:02 -0400
I have used automotive hose clamps. First cover the ring with masking
tape so it doesn't get scratched then tighten the clamp around the tape,
it has worked for me.
           Frank

On Sun, 22 Jul 2001 23:53:42 EDT NSURIT@xxxxxxx writes:
I know we beat the stuck filter question to death a few months ago,
however I
think my stuck filter problem may be a bit unique.  What is stuck on the
step
up ring is a B+W slim circular polarizer.  What I need to grip is the
back
part of the filter and I'm having a heck of a time trying to get it to
move.
Any ideas that won't destroy either the ring or the filter?  Bill Barber