[OM] [OT] A health update

Subject: [OM] [OT] A health update
From: "Tom Scales" <tscales@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2001 17:25:51 -0500
Since I 'whined' on the list, I thought I'd let you all know what was going
one.  Debbie's seems to be heading in the right direction. She's still quite
weak, but the pancreas seems to be kicking back in.  That is an incredible
relief.  The difference between a good life and a simply miserable one.

They really are not sure exactly what happened.  We went to the beach for a
few days and it looks like we overdid. She also got a very bad infection
that got into the pancreas (being immunosuppressed, she is very succeptable
to infections).  Those two things led to a messed up blood chemistry.

Her blood chemistry is back 'in whack'.  Her infection still needs some
work.  They actually let her come home today, as there isn't much more they
could do there and they know we'd rather have her home where I can take care
of her. Luckily, I work from home, so it works out pretty well.

This list, in its own way, is a real support system for me and I appreciate
everyone's kind thoughts -- it really helps.

Feel free to write me, but let's take it off-list to tscales@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thanks!!

Tom