Re: [OM] [OT] Unreliable cars

Subject: Re: [OM] [OT] Unreliable cars
From: Wayne Katez <wkatez@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2001 20:06:02 -0400
I'll  step up and admit that my first car was an aqua colored Renault
Dauphine ( the one with the dual horn - "beep beep" for city  and "honk
honk" for country. This was in the days of "bulk" engine oil for 29
cents per gallon. I had a girl friend that lived 35 mile away, so each
night I purchased two gallons of oil - one to get there, and one to get
home! On the bright side, however, I got about 40 miles to the gallon of
gas and was never bothered by mosquitos.

Been there, drove that ( 3 Triumphs, 2 MG's, a bug eye Sprite, a Porsche
356, a 911Targa, a Barracuda and a very l-o-n-g, very finned 1959
Caddy). Now have a BMW 525, a 318i and a Durango - just never learn.

Wayne