[OM] Motor drive 1 questions

Subject: [OM] Motor drive 1 questions
From: Steve Goss <steveg3@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2001 00:03:35 -0500
Hi-

I was in Denver last week, and was looking at a Motor drive 1 at a store. It
had the flat "M.15V Ni-Cd Control Pack" attached (the one that makes it look
like a winder), and they also had a small charger. The battery pack was dead
(naturally, it's a bunch of nicads, and by now they wouldn't hold much of a
charge), but after charging it, it still didn't do anything. Some questions:

Even with only a partial charge (the battery check light only stayed on for a
few seconds and then started blinking) shouldn't the motor attempt to run? it
did nothing, in either sequence or single mode, and when pressing on the
shutter button on the top of the motor drive, or on the back of the battery
pack.

How much does it cost to have the cells replaced in the battery pack? Is it
anywhere near a do it yourself task?

How much does a basic motor drive overhaul cost?

Their asking price was $175. I think that was based on it working. They are
willing to deal, but they do have more than $85 in to it. How good is this
pricing?

Thanks, Steve Goss, Dallas Tx usa