Re: [OM] Film statistics

Subject: Re: [OM] Film statistics
From: Steve Dropkin <steve@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2001 05:24:23 -0500
At 10:59 AM +0200 8/11/02, T.Clausen@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
I keep wondering if it was buying the medium format that triggered that I
went from "phase two" to "phase three" - or it was a natural development
of my photographic temperment...?

I also keep wondering what will happen when I continue my venture into
larger negative sizes........hmmm....

Anyone else with similar observations from themself?

Well, I've made the jump from P&S to fully-manual (OM-1) -- haven't dabbled in another format at all -- but I found the difference in getting me to something like "phase two" was just my thinking. Yes, there's tons I have to learn (and I have faithful reading of this list to thank for a lot of it!). But I think my pictures got better the day I decided I was a photographer, and not merely a picture-taker. Much higher percentage of technically-good shots (thinking more about the mechanics) and a much higher percentage of "keepers." (Mind, it probably didn't have to be many more keepers to be a higher percentage!)