Re: [OM] tripods

Subject: Re: [OM] tripods
From: Tris Schuler <tristanjohn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2001 08:53:26 -0700

If weight's an issue buy a Gitzo carbon fiber. From B&H Photo:

Gitzo G1128 Mk2 Mountaineer Sport Carbon Fiber (Compact) Tripod Legs (Rapid Column) Supports 11 Lbs

        Price: $511.95

The next size up, the Mountain Reporter Mk2 (G1228) , supports up to 13 pounds and is a tad longer collapsed and a bit heavier, but still a superb travelling tripod. Attach a small, light ball head and you're in business. B&H price: $652.00.

As do all Gitzo products, these tripods com with a lifetime warranty, and like all Gitzo products function as in a dream.

Tris