[OM] Re: Another virus arrived

Subject: [OM] Re: Another virus arrived
From: Tris Schuler <tristanjohn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2001 10:27:07 -0700

Well, another virus arrived via this list. What follows is the text of the message:

        Hi! How are you?

        I send you this file in order to have your advice

        See you later. Thanks

The file itself is a batch and comes named: PDR.doc.zl3. The last extension might be courtesy of EZ Antivirus, the software I use in TSR mode all the time now. As you may recall, I was taken down last week by a nasty hybris. This one seems to be the virus others referred to in relation to my case. And you have to be careful with this file! I barely touched it with my mouse and it threatened to open. I could afford to, of course, as EZ Antivirus had already placed one of its "padlocks" on it. I just wanted to check the routine. (Itself probably of some risk, though the security system seems to as billed.) By the way, I tumbled to EZ Antivirus through Steve Gibson's excellent site. If you're not familiar, please visit this wonderful resource. Scads of practical information and good links.

http://grc.com/default.htm

Everyone beware! We seem to be targeted.

Tris