RE: [OM] Re: e*ay 350/2.8 auction

Subject: RE: [OM] Re: e*ay 350/2.8 auction
From: andrew fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2001 16:57:48 +1000
>Fortunately many of these same people never bother to vote. God help us if
>they ever do. Hell, we're in deep enough doo-doo even so.
>
>Tris

In Oz we have compulsory voting - your civic duty is a legal
responsibility. Imagine trying to introduce that in the 'land of the free.'
Consequently, we have a high rate of spoiled ballots and 'donkey' votes
(straight down the card).
Nothing as bizarre as Florida, though, 'cos we use paper and pencil!
Trouble is, in developed societies, we've managed to overcome most of the
natural culling mechanisms so they survive long enough to breed.
AndrewF
(Old, cynical and 20 years a teacher).