RE: [OM] Re: e*ay 350/2.8 auction

Subject: RE: [OM] Re: e*ay 350/2.8 auction
From: Chris Barker <imagopus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2001 15:19:02 +0100
In Oz we have compulsory voting - your civic duty is a legal
responsibility. Imagine trying to introduce that in the 'land of the free.'
Consequently, we have a high rate of spoiled ballots and 'donkey' votes
(straight down the card).
Nothing as bizarre as Florida, though, 'cos we use paper and pencil!
Trouble is, in developed societies, we've managed to overcome most of the
natural culling mechanisms so they survive long enough to breed.
AndrewF
(Old, cynical and 20 years a teacher).

Not that old Andrew surely (shirley :>)).  I have been a pilot since
I was 21 - 26 years ago.

So the compulsory voting doesn't work eh?  We had a really low
turnout on 7 June for the General Election (59 0t seems).

Chris