Re: [OM] WTB 21

Subject: Re: [OM] WTB 21
From: "John A. Lind" <jlind@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2001 12:25:48 +0000
At 06:14 7/25/01, Tris Schuler wrote:
It's hidden in Eudora. I've since learned how to reveal this information.

Thanks, Larry.

Tris

A not-very-often posted item of "list netiquette" is *never* posting anyone's email address in a mail list or USENET newsgroup posting. I've noted that some members mailers are quoting text with the persons email address when it should be their name instead.

Reason? SPAM-bots scour list archives and USENET newsgroups to scoop up any and every email address that can be found. It's a sure-fire way to ensure that email address receives tons of unsolicited bulk emails. Same thing with posting email addresses on a web page. The spammers spiders will eventually scoop it up off of the page. There are ways of referencing an email address in HTML that defeats the spiders.

-- John