[OM] Help! is my T32 broken.

Subject: [OM] Help! is my T32 broken.
From: "Parzival Herzog" <parz@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2001 14:40:57 -0500
I need the help of the OM gurus!

I just got an Ebay T32 flash in the mail, and I am trying to check it out.

What I find is that when the flash is mounted (OM4, OM4T), that there
are no viewfinder indications (flash ready, etc) that indicate that
the camera knows that a flash is present.

The camera responds (with different shutter speeds) to the light output
of the flash, but for example if I cover the flash tube, (blocking the
light output) the exposure is very long, but there is no "under" indication
in the viewfinder.

The Auto Check light on the flash does not go on.

I have the flash with the calculator panel reversed ("full-automatic control
by OM-2"), I have apparently the same behaviour on both my OM4 and my
OM4T, and I have tried using the TTL auto cord as well as the flash shoe,
without apparent change in result.

I am using rechargeable alkaline batteries; I have also tried another set
of batteries. Both seem to work the flash just fine, but no difference w.r.t.
the viewfinder indications.

I have read the e-SIF manuals (thank you Hans van Veluwen!), and I think I
am doing things right, but I may be having some finger-trouble, and I don't
want to bother the vendor until I am sure there is a problem.

Can someone please offer a simple step-by step procedure for mounting
setting and operating the T32, with the expected camera indications?
I would appreciate it very much.

- Parzival