[OM] (Fwd) The Diary of Peter F.

Subject: [OM] (Fwd) The Diary of Peter F.
From: "Giles" <cnocbui@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2001 21:02:56 +0000
From:          Peter Leyssens <leyssens@xxxxxxxxx>
To:            owner-olympus-digest@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (olympus-digest)
Subject:       The Diary of Peter F.
Date:          Mon, 23 Jul 2001 22:04:39 +0100

Dear Kayla, Max and other new, fellow Zuikoholics,

Turn back NOW !  Before it's too late !  Zuikoholism is a dangerous disease
that spreads without the victim realising it before it's too late.  It has
severe symptoms that seem unrelated, but without exception lead to only one
conclusion : must... use... Olympus... gear...

I was a happy owner of a snapshot camera, P&S, made by Minolta.  Before
that, I had had an OM-1, which I later traded for an OM-3.  I thought I was
safe, but as any addict, I was just lying to myself.  Just one wedding,
that's all it took for me to be reverted to Olympus.

I had selected a number of pictures from my travels to the Far East for an
exhibition.  Today, I was just looking through the pictures, and all of a
sudden, it struck me that actually, those pictures weren't really as good
as I should be able to shoot them.  And anyway, there wasn't even one shot
with the 90/f2 !  With hindsight, I realised that the efforts I've been
making lately to convince my bosses that a trip to our Japanese office is
really necessary, weren't because I really like Japan, let alone that the
company paid trip would be necessary !  No,  I need to go there to shoot
those pictures with OM gear.  And worse, I need to go and raid the second
hand shops for a shift lens *urgently* !  And probably to replace my 28/2.8
by an 28/2.  And to add a 250/f2 to the collection too.  Did I mention a
100/2 to compare to my 90/2 ?  A couple of teleconvertors would be nice,
and I've only got one 1-13 screen for my 2 bodies.

*shrug*

Resistance is useless.  You will be assimilated.

Peter.

PS : I don't know if the book I refer to in my subject is as well known in
the US as it is in Europe :-)

BTW : are film scanners cheaper in Singapore/Japan than in Europe ?  I
don't want to spend $1K, rather $300.  Darn, I've convinced myself I need
one of those too !  Where do I need to send all my gear in order to be
cured ?