Re: [OM] opinions of short Olympus teles

Subject: Re: [OM] opinions of short Olympus teles
From: "Bruce Hamm" <bhamm@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2001 17:14:18 -0400
1) Skip asked "I don't have an early Zuiko brochure in front of me, could
someone check an early 80's brochure for the same sort of language?"

2) OM System brochure circa 1980 says "Nothing is allowed to compromise
resolution and contrast characteristics at every aperature and focusing
distance, yet many of these lenses are also remarkable for their brightness
and close focusing. For example, the 21mm f2 and the 24mm f2 were both the
first lenses in the world to achieve such brightness in their respective
focal lengths, while they and the 18mm f3.5, the 28mm f2, and the 85mm f2
all feature a group of independent floating elements for automatic close
focusing correction."

So, it seems that as early as 1980, the 85mm was built with floating
elements. However, the brochure denotes the lens as being multicoated, so
maybe the earlier SC versions were built differently.

B.

Bruce Hamm
Ottawa, Canada
bhamm@xxxxxxxx