Re: [OM] opinions of short Olympus teles

Subject: Re: [OM] opinions of short Olympus teles
From: "O.C" <oben@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2001 10:19:47 +1000
At 06:05 AM Thursday 26/07/2001, you wrote:

(The 90/2 Macro is not listed as having this mechanism.)

So my vote would be that the 85/2 DOES HAVE the floating element, at least in MC guise. I don't have an early Zuiko brochure in front of me, could someone check an early 80's brochure for the same sort of language?

The surprise to me is that the vaunted 90/2 Macro doesn't have the floating element correction. Perhaps it's corrected for close-up distances already? So it doesn't need the FE? But why would the two 50 Macro lenses need such a device? Are 50's corrected more for infinity, even in the case of the Macro lenses?

Skip

My brochure: OLYMPUS: A continuing tradition of Photographic Excellence

lists both the 85/2 and the 90/2 clearly as having the floating mechanism together with the other lenses you have accurately listed.

Oben