Re: [OM]Zuiko 600 f5.6 on eB*y !!!!

Subject: Re: [OM]Zuiko 600 f5.6 on eB*y !!!!
From: Michael Darling <cosmo@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2001 23:02:37 -0400
on 7/25/01 6:57 PM, Mark Dapoz at md@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

>>> I've dealt with Midcity a bunch of times.  Never for anything big, but
>> their
>>> used prices (especially zuiko glass) are way off.
>>
>> Didn't MidCity put up the 35-80/2.8 with a BIN of $150 or so?  Mark, how is
>> it treating you?
>
> $179, and worth every penny :-)  It's a wonderful lens, it has become my
> second most used lens, only the 50/1.2 manages to get more use.  I just
> love that 50mm lens, I don't know what I'd do without it.
> -mark

That is very interesting!  Maybe the guys I usually see in the store don't
have any input on the online sales.  They seem to know how 'rare' OM
equipment is and price their goods in the store accordingly.

Come to think of it I haven't even seen anything as interesting as a 35-80
in their OM case...  Maybe its time for a 12 block walk down to check...

Mike