Re: [OM]Zuiko 600 f5.6 on eB*y !!!!

Subject: Re: [OM]Zuiko 600 f5.6 on eB*y !!!!
From: Mark Dapoz <md@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2001 23:47:39 -0400 (EDT)
On Wed, 25 Jul 2001, Michael Darling wrote:

> That is very interesting!  Maybe the guys I usually see in the store don't
> have any input on the online sales.  They seem to know how 'rare' OM
> equipment is and price their goods in the store accordingly.
>
> Come to think of it I haven't even seen anything as interesting as a 35-80
> in their OM case...  Maybe its time for a 12 block walk down to check...

When I spoke with Mid City I enquired about their internet sales.  There is
a single person who does all the internet sales (I forget his name).  He gets
sent all the items which have been sitting at the various stores for a while
and he puts them up on eBay.  I have no idea how he sets the price, perhaps he
starts with the "in store" price and works from there.  He didn't seem to be
an expert in cameras, but he's definitly smart enough to know the difference
between a Leica and a Pentax.  Obviously mistakes are made, but overall
their prices seem to be on the upper end of the pricing scale.
                                -mark