Re: [OM] Silver Noses on the Silvernoses esp. the 16mm f/3.5 silvernose

Subject: Re: [OM] Silver Noses on the Silvernoses esp. the 16mm f/3.5 silvernose.
From: "O.C" <oben@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2001 13:56:50 +1000

All my MF lenses are "silver nose" which seemed to be popular at one time; just as black bodies were all the rage, blacking out all the numbers and lettering on them popular, and more recently Titanium bodies (or at least the color).

I've used them under a very wide range of lighting conditions and never noted any flare problem from the silver nose. The fringe benefit of a sliver nose: it's much more difficult to "brass" the nose on them compared to the "black nose" lenses.

-- John

John,

On your site you list your 35mm Shift as being MC. I must say I haven't been able to find an MC example of one. What is the serial number sans the last digits. I might hope that one day I will find one to buy.

Otherwise I think I'm going to have to fork out the money for a new example; maybe I'll go for the 24mm then.

Oben