Re: [OM]Zuiko 600 f5.6 on eB*y !!!!

Subject: Re: [OM]Zuiko 600 f5.6 on eB*y !!!!
From: Jim Brokaw <jbrokaw@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2001 22:29:56 -0700
on 7/25/01 10:42 AM, Bruce Kolber at bkolber@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> fast lens!
>
> Bruce Kolber
> St. Petersburg, FL  33715
> USA

We know this is a typo, but what do you think Olympus would be making if
they were still serious about the OM series...? At the motorcycle races I
saw a guy with a N*kon 600/4.0 (mounted on a big-honking-heavy-duty tripod)
up at the corkscrew at Laguna Seca. I wouldn't want to try to carry all that
gear from the parking lot... Much better to figure out how to get inside the
fence.

Olympus would figure out a way to have it be 600/3.5 and weigh 1/3 less, be
smaller and sharper to boot! But it would cost $14995 :-(
--

Jim Brokaw