Re: [OM] OT crappie & more OT

Subject: Re: [OM] OT crappie & more OT
From: "Barry B. Bean" <bbbean@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2001 17:36:28 -0500 (CDT)
On Thu, 26 Jul 2001 15:06:06 -0700, Winsor Crosby wrote:

>Actually, I think the division is between people who like fish and
>people who like fried crust.  If you really have a taste for salty,
>greasy, crunchy cornmeal you will prefer catfish to salmon.  Says
>more about the palate than the taste of the fish. :-)

Obviously someone who's never had grilled catfish, smoked catfish,
catfish pate, catfish sausage, sauteed catfish, or broiled catfish.

Although I'll grant you that any catfish in his right mind would give
his life to be rolled in the proper batter and deep fried. Served
with fried okra, fried jalapenos, fried pickles, cole slaw, a bowl of
beans, and thick slabs of onion and tomato fresh from the garden,
it's heaven.

-
B.B. Bean                                       bbbean@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Bean & Bean Cotton Co