Re: [OM] ttl connector for OM-4

Subject: Re: [OM] ttl connector for OM-4
From: "John A. Lind" <jlind@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2001 17:53:48 +0000
At 18:55 7/26/01, you wrote:
Does anyone know what type of TTL connector I need for connecting my T
series (18)
flash to the PC socket ?
Thanks,
Tim

Tim,
The T-18 does not have a connector on the side for a cord.

To use it in TTL Auto:
You will have to find a "TTL Auto Connector T-20" (getting rarer and more expensive) and run one of the "TTL Auto Cord T" from the hot shoe or TTL connector on the camera body to it (depends on which cord). The TTL Auto Connector T-20 has a threaded 1/4-20 standard tripod socket on its bottom and a socket for a TTL Auto Cord T at the back of the shoe.

To use it in Manual Mode:
Obviously the above method will work if you simply switch the flash to manual. You can also get a generic remote hot shoe with a PC socket on the side and run a PC cord from it to the PC connection on the camera body.

-- John