Re: [OM] Help! is my T32 broken.

Subject: Re: [OM] Help! is my T32 broken.
From: "Parzival Herzog" <parz@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2001 20:01:38 -0500
Yeah, this is the T32 that I had just got on ebay when your offer
for the Metz Mecablitz came in. The vendor "rolexlarry" has offered
me full reimbursement, or a fair price for a "parts" T32.

I think I'll take the parts, and mess around with the thing. At worst
I''ll be able to show my son the damage a 1300uF photoflash can inflict,
and learn about the innards of the T32, and why I should not mess with
them. At best, I may be able to restore the function, which should be
good until hidden corrosion gets to a socket pin, or eats up some foil
in a circuit board.

Thanks to all the list members who responded to this post. I'll let you
know how it ends up, and I may take up that offer to send pics to
find out what goes where if I need it Chris.

- Parzival

P.S. I've never seen an electronic device as jam-packed as the T32.
Plus a bunch of spring-loaded itsy little bits that go flying out. I
have a lot of respect for the Japanese girls that assemble this beastie!