[OM] CAMERA DEAD.

Subject: [OM] CAMERA DEAD.
From: sunil manga <ameteep@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2001 13:09:16 +0530
Hi List,
just been on a 400km journey by road to the HILLS of
INDIA, a place called NAINITAL.
The NORTH INDIA 'Lake District'.

On arrival,using an OM4T with 21/3.5 zuiko, clicked the
shutter, mirror went up and then dead. No Battery check
light, no bleep.
Just terminal dead.
Removed the lens, touched the lock-up mirror, the
shutter fired, mirror went down.
Battery light worked.
Clicked the shutter again, and once again the CAMERA
WENT DEAD.
removed the lens and noticed the mirror locked again.
touched the mirror, and theshutter tripped, camera back
to normal.
This time took extra care to notice, realised that the
frame holding the screen had fallen down BUT the screen
was still in its place. Thats why  I did not have any
focussing problem.
Latched the Metal screen holder frame, AND the OM4T
went back to being a SOLID, RELIABLE CAMERA.

It seems that the vibrations induced by the car and the
normal pot-holed INDIAN roads had caused the frame of
the screen to unlatch and fall down.

ADVISE: After a long journey, remove lens, check the
Screen holding metal frame is ok, replace lens and
start shooting.
Just my experience i thought was  worth sharing.
Sunil Manga, OM List, INDIA.