Re: [OM] Oh yeah, I love FedEx .... and UPS .... and USPS.....[OT]

Subject: Re: [OM] Oh yeah, I love FedEx .... and UPS .... and USPS.....[OT]
From: Tris Schuler <tristanjohn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2001 02:13:29 -0700
That is not correct. At the bottom and on the right of my FedEx Express USA Airbill paperwork there is the last optional it number 8 which reads:

Release Signature Sign to authorize deliver without obtaining signature

By signing you authorize us to deliver this shipment without obtaining a signature
        and agree to indemnify and hold us harmless from any resulting claims.

Now FedEx may or may not have different rules for its ground service, I don't know. And individual carriers out there might be renegade if no one's brought them to task for prior transgressions, but that company's policy is not to leave packages unattended without a signature.

I'm sure Mike M. can fill us in on the details.

Tris