Re: [OM] Oh yeah, I love FedEx .... and UPS .... and USPS.....[OT]

Subject: Re: [OM] Oh yeah, I love FedEx .... and UPS .... and USPS.....[OT]
From: Tris Schuler <tristanjohn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2001 04:34:48 -0700

Well, my package is insured, too, and yet still I worry. The UPS tracking site shows my parcel in transit now (since 0041 EST) from Louisville to San Francisco, but it indicates a 30 July delivery nevertheless. Even if this eventually works out in the end, the bottom line is that is has taken UPS a day and a half (and then some) to fly an Express Priority package of less than 10 pounds weight across the Atlantic and process it in Louisville. When I called customer service I was forced to speak my tracking number into voice-recognition software, which of course immediately got it wrong. Back to square one, wrong again! Finally, a girl picked up and, after getting the tracking number wrong herself the first time, told me with no great interest that she had no way of determining what that package's ETA at SFO was. She further informed me that the data I could call up on the UPS Tracking site was the same data she could access from her terminal. (Wonderful tracking system software UPS provides it employees.) When I informed this worker that I had paid extra for "when it absolutely positively has to get there overnight" service (as if UPS offers any such thing--I must be confusing it with another company) she sounded actually offended.

"Sir, you can't possibly hold me responsible for the occasional hold-up."

I tell you, United Parcel Service is a concern run by and for cretins. Every time I am forced to do business with UPS I feel stress. And then I get a sickly feeling . . . way down low in my tummy.

Tris

It's insured. No worries.

Tom