Re: [OM] Odd question, nothing to do with Olympus...

Subject: Re: [OM] Odd question, nothing to do with Olympus...
From: "Tom Scales" <tscales@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2001 12:46:00 -0500
Quite an achievement, but I believe you're missing the fact that the US DOES
make some fine cars.  For example, the Corvette regularly gets about 33 mpg
(Imperial gallons), not too shabby, since a stock Corvette can reach 0-60 in
4.7 and the Z06 (same mileage) in 4 seconds flat.  Both are low emissions
vehicles meeting 50 state requirements.  Yes, every Corvette delivered meets
California's stringent requirements.

Very, very few cars are 50 state compliant.

Don't get me wrong, I believe there are excellent cars made around the world
and my 'daily driver' was built in Germany.  I just believe the stereotype
that there are no good US cars is ridiculous.

Tom

From: "Martin Evans"