Re: RE: [OM] Odd question, nothing to do with Olympus...

Subject: Re: RE: [OM] Odd question, nothing to do with Olympus...
From: astaire@xxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2001 14:24:04 -0500
Cc:
Now, now .. temper temper.

I think those "Draconian" laws
are for:

1) Emissions. (EPA)

2) Safety. (DOT)

Are you complaining about US laws being TOO stringent
on Safety and Pollution?  Seems like we've had a lot
of bitching lately about the arrogant US NOT doing its
part for global warming and pollution yet it seems that
the ROW (rest of world) has more lax laws on automotive
pollution.  So we (US) are being blasted on both counts as
being a bunch of SOB polluters as well as non-progressive
SOBs that wont let everyone's car in.  Does anyone else
so an incosistensy here?

And as far as Gun ownership goes in US -- once again
the law-abiding gun owners in the US are being crucified
for the evil and highly publicised wrongs perpetrated by
a few crazies.  How would you like it if the thousands
of annual deaths around the world on account of a small minority of wreckless,
irresponsible drivers caused
an uproar in the kinds of cars that people could own --
outlawing "these kinds of cars" that nobody "needs" to
own.  Evil, evil, evil sports cars!

Mark Hammons

NRA member
BMW 2002tii, E30 M3 and 528e owner
US citizen getting a little sick of USA bashing.