Re: [OM] (OM) ~~ opinions on slide film to capture blues, glaciers, etc.

Subject: Re: [OM] (OM) ~~ opinions on slide film to capture blues, glaciers, etc.
From: Jim Couch <JamesBCouch@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2001 17:22:34 -0700
It depens on what you want to achieve. I like Kodachrome 64 a lot for glacier
work as it does not emphasize the blue to much, gives fairly neutral rendering
and picks up other colors (if there are any very well.) Ektachrome is a great
film if you want to EMPHAZISE the blue of the ice. Probably my all time fav for
glacier work is Agfa RSX 100 as the whites stay white, and the blues stay blue,
a very neutral film in these conditions.

Jim Couch

james olson wrote:

> I am going to be spending 5 days around glaciers, where blues, whites and
> greens will be the dominant colors.  i usually use kodachrome 200 for earth
> tones and journalism, and velvia for landscapes.... (i find velvia to be
> overly saturated at times....) but i'm looking for something a little
> different this time...
>
> does anyone have experience with the fuji and kodak 100 speed slide films in
> any similar situations?  or just opinions on slide films you enjoy in this
> speed area...
>
> it is all subjective, obviously, but i'm fishin' for opinions.
>
> james.

Jim Couch
Tacoma, WA USA