Re:[OM] travelling to cuba (u.s. citizen...)

Subject: Re:[OM] travelling to cuba (u.s. citizen...)
From: Gregg Iverson <giverson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 28 Jul 2001 07:41:41 -0400
I'm sure my daughter's roommate travelled there on a mission trip within the last six months. I don't think they had to go north (to Canada) to get there either.

Gregg

At 05:49 PM 7/26/01, you wrote:

> I read an article on the net about the fact Bush is
> trying to clamp down on US citizens travelling to
> Cuba, enforcing the $7500 fine you may have to pay if
> they find out, apparently I have also heard that you
> can bung a customs official $20 or so (in Cuba) and
> they won't stamp your passport, a useful tip?
> Its funny how Americans (I'm English) describe the US
> as the land of the free, restricting someones travel
> around the world seems to be something that China
> would do?
>
> Chris

Well, there is the whole Castro thing - ya know.

Although I do think we are to a point where its
pretty ridiculous to prohibit travel to Cuba.  And
I certainly wouldn't mind if trade restrictions were
lifted -- if for no other commodity than Cuban Cigars.

Mark Hammons