Re: [OM] Re: T32 Problems

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: T32 Problems
From: "John A. Lind" <jlind@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 28 Jul 2001 16:13:43 +0000
At 20:34 7/28/01, Parzival wrote (in part):

But what alternatives are there? I want a flash that has a bounce
head, is reasonably powerful, and does the whole dance with the
OM2n/4/4T. Also I am now the proud owner of the most expensive
wires in the world, a TTL 0.6m, TTL2m, TTL auto-connector ($90 or so).

- Parzival

I have a pair of T-32's, a T-20 and a BG-2 with a few of the cords. All have been quite reliable. If you're not entirely happy with the "T" flashes, look into the Metz line. They have GN 32 and GN 40 flash heads (the 40 series is about half-way between a 32 and 45). They're generic with an SCA-301 foot. The SCA-321 foot is for the Olympus OM bodies and allows full TTL-Auto control. Metz also has a grip that works much like the BG-2 (except AFIK it cannot trigger a motor drive or winder). Comparatively, a full Metz setup will cost you significantly more than the "T" series, at least 150 0f not 200%.

-- John