RE: [OM] Bid on a CLA?

Subject: RE: [OM] Bid on a CLA?
From: Scott Gomez <scott@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 29 Jul 2001 03:03:16 -0700
I haven't bought any CLAs at auction from Ken, but I've had two (OM-1N and
an OM-2) done by him. I've got NO complaints at all with his work.

The only thing I would say about the work that's at all negative is that he
readjusts OM-1(n) meters for the alkaline type batteries, rather than
fitting a converter (I assume that's "unless otherwise specified"). Of
course, that was the one thing I didn't think to ask before going ahead with
it... so my fault, not Ken's.

He's sometimes very fast as well. I happened to send him my OM-1n body about
a month ago, and I had it there--and back, finished--in 6 days total time,
from my local PO to my doorstep. I live in southern California, which likely
helped on the shipping time. Nonetheless, according to the tracking numbers,
he received it on a Friday morning and shipped it back Monday afternoon. I
think the OM-2 took about 2 to 2 and a half weeks.

---
Scott Gomez