Re: [OM] Campfire list (ot)

Subject: Re: [OM] Campfire list (ot)
From: Michael Gardner <mlgardner99@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 29 Jul 2001 16:17:49 -0400
I've never really understood why anyone would choose to receive messages
from an active list in digest form.  I tried the digest format on a
small list that generates only 10 messages or so a day and even that
drove me nuts.  I like the option to delete or reply to individual
messages at will rather than separating them out of a big document.  I
have separate folders in my Inbox for each list that I participate in
and use email filters to direct each incoming mail into the appropriate
folder.  Makes it very easy to skim through all the messages and delete
any topics not of interest for any given list.

While the OM list is one big happy family, :-), a couple of other lists
I am on each have one or two individuals who are both prolific posters
and contentious time wasters.  Their emails are filtered directly to
trash, something that would not be possible if I were receiving the
digest format.

Mike Gardner