Re: [OM] CONTEST e*ay 350/2.8 auction AND THE WINNER IS...

Subject: Re: [OM] CONTEST e*ay 350/2.8 auction AND THE WINNER IS...
From: Tris Schuler <tristanjohn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 29 Jul 2001 17:38:53 -0700
Gives you an idea of what sort of margin these retailers have to work with, at least on some items. I'm curious what sort of price might be had from Europe (without having to pay the VAT).

Tris

The "list" price for the Zuiko 350/2.8 is $11,040.00 U.S. from Olympus.

> I don't know what the 'street' price
>is for a new or used one from a major photo equipment retailer... anyone
>have this info?

[snip]

B&H's website lists *their* new price for this lens at $6,299.95 U.S. B&H probably has the most aggressive new retail pricing on the planet for this lens, as well as the 250/2.0. I suppose it's the best example of a "street" price for this lens.

Garth