Re: [OM] Re: ADITL

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: ADITL
From: Peter Leyssens <leyssens@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2001 08:13:14 -0700 (PDT)
Hi,

> From: Tris Schuler <tristanjohn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>
> It isn't a question of rudeness but the quality
> of feeling shy on the part
> of the picture taker. A good photographer must
> overcome this feeling of
> self-consciousness and just wade out there and
> do it! Smile agreeably, nod
> your head idiotically, and then move on.

I was pointing my lens at a group of kids on a
blanket, with the mother playing with one of
them, when this kid sees me and points at me,
saying : "Look, mommy, that guy is going to take
our picture !"  At that moment, both she and her
mother look at me -- click !  No smiling
agreeably in this case, rather laughing out loud
:-)

I wonder how the pictures are going to turn out.
I had huge amounts of flare, even without my UV
filter, trying to take pictures of the stage.
Obviously, because some the lights were shining
straight into the lens.

Peter.

=====
--