Re: [OM] CONTEST e*ay 350/2.8 auction

Subject: Re: [OM] CONTEST e*ay 350/2.8 auction
From: "mike m." <mnmitch@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2001 17:00:36 -0700
Well I can't say it was right to call the seller names, I guess everyone
has their own opinion of the situation. I posted the reply he sent me
and stated that he obviously didn't know anything about quality camera
gear,but I was still willing to bid on it up to a certain amount. As for
John and his lens...If I'd had the funds at the time I would have
snapped it up in a heartbeat,just bad timing.eB*y is just weird
sometimes. Here's an example of what I mean.
http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1258330062

Check out the price on this item and condition and compare it to this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1260037613

Here's one in just as good condition with more accessories yet its still
siting
there with a BIN $400 less than the first item.

Which one are you going to buy?

As far as the 350 goes only, the buyer will know if the condition
matches the pictures and descriptions. Once it got over $3000 my bidding
confidence started wavering on the AS IS condition requirement. That
could be one expensive paperweight.

later,
mike m.